Terms of Service
Last modified: 2018-06-01
Please read these terms carefully before accessing, using or obtaining any information or services. By accessing the the toaSTR web application ("Service") at www.toastr.de, you are agreeing to be bound by these Terms of Service, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing our Service. The content contained in this Service are protected by applicable copyright and trademark law. In these terms, "we", "us" or "our" refers to LABCON-OWL Analytik, Forschung und Consulting GmbH ("LABCON-OWL"), and "you" or "your" refers to you as the user of our Service.
Description of Service
To registered users, the toaSTR web application provides an online platform for forensic STR genotyping with massively parallel sequencing data.
You must use the Services in compliance with, and only as permitted by, applicable law. When using the Service you must comply that you may not:
- use the Service for other than research purposes;
- access the Services for the purpose of building a competitive product or service or for any other competitive purposes;
- misuse our Services by interfering with their normal operation, or attempting to access them using a method other than through the interfaces and instructions that we provide;
- use the content for any commercial purpose, or for any commercial public display;
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer the Service;
- transmit any viruses, malware, or other types of malicious software, or links to such software; or
- engage in abusive or excessive usage of the Service, which is usage significantly in excess of average usage patterns that adversely affects the speed, responsiveness, stability, availability, or functionality of the Services for other users.
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by LABCON-OWL at any time.
- The Service is provided on an 'as is' basis. LABCON-OWL makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties including, without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights.
- Further, LABCON-OWL does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the Service.
In no event shall LABCON-OWL or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption) arising out of the use or inability to use the content of this Service, even if LABCON-OWL or a LABCON-OWL authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
Accuracy of Content
The content provided by the Service could include technical or typographical errors. LABCON-OWL does not warrant that any of the content are accurate, complete or current. LABCON-OWL may make changes to the content provided by the Service at any time without notice. However LABCON-OWL does not make any commitment to update the content.
As a condition to using the Service, you are required to open an account and to provide registration information. The registration information you provide must be accurate, complete, and current at all times. You are responsible for safeguarding your password and any other credentials used to access that account. You are responsible for any activity occurring in your account whether or not you authorized that activity. Accounts may not be shared and may only be used by one individual per account.
You are responsible for making backups of your content. We will no be liable for any failure to store or for loss or corruption of your content.
LABCON-OWL may terminate or suspend the Services and/or your account immediately, without prior notice or liability, for any reason whatsoever, including without limitation if you breach the Terms. Upon termination of your account, your right to use the Services will immediately cease. If you wish to terminate your account, you may simply discontinue using the Services. To delete your user account, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The main purpose of the Service is to analyze massively parallel sequencing data uploaded by you. Please refer to the upload form for restrictions that apply to file size and file type. For security and safety purposes, it is not allowed to provide personal identifiers as sample meta data. Personal identifiers are information that identifies a natural person, e.g. name, date of birth, etc.
You shall own all rights, titles and interest in and to all data uploaded by you and shall have sole responsibility for the legality, reliability, interity, accuracy and quality of your data in connection with the use of the Service. LABCON-OWL provides a limited license to collect, process, store, generate and display your data only to the extent necessary in the provision of the Service. We shall keep and maintain your data in strict confidence. The data can only be accessed by your secure personal account and by authorized personnel of LABCON-OWL. We only access customer data for customer support, either through direct contact with us to solve specific issues or by providing proactive assictance to help improve the performance of the Service. Without prior consent your data is not used for optimization or research, and data is never provided to third parties.
LABCON-OWL may revise these Terms of Service at any time without notice. By using this Service you are agreeing to be bound by the then current version.
These terms and conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Hannover, Germany and you irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in that location.
If you have any questions about the practices of this Service, or your dealings with this Service, please contact us at: